An ordinary day at work you would think, until you see me struggling to get up and move. I feel like an 80 year old today. I actually had the sensation last night that something felt odd in the shoulder area but that something is getting worse by the minute. There is definitely something wrong with my right shoulder. You wouldn't think that lifting a cup could be such a struggle.
I think that I have discovered the quality of being a good boss today. You only have to be capable of doing one thing: track your personel down and make sure that they are working. Granted I haven't played this corportate game for a very long time but even when my bosses are abroad, they call me. Just to explain how nice the weather and there holiday is, so they claim. In reality we all know that they just are checking up on us, to make sure that I am not gazing at the rabbits. Yes we do have rabbits here in our garden. They are a great hopping past time and do you think that when they spend more time outside, spring is almost there? Because I literally cannot wait, I am done with snow and ice. I am not yet crossing out days on my callendar to check how many days until spring, but I am close.
But we where discussing bosses, it (because we all know that they are not really human) even send someone by my office to see if I was working and to ask about my plans for today. Isn't that a tad too obvious?
I wonder if I still can be an exchange student at age 31? I look much younger than my actually age you know, so really no one would actually notice. Wouldn't it be great to spend a year in Australia or study for a year at Harvard or Yale?
Your boss has a kinder garden teacher complex. That or it really has no idea about what it should be doing, about its responsabilities and tasks, so it does the only "bossy-thing" it can fanthom: be a huge pain in the ass. Does it call your coworkers or providers when you say you are going to a meeting? We had one that did that. What we did? We cluttered it with TONS of notes like "I'm on a meeting about X Product", "I'm on a meeting about X Service", "I'm attending matters at Human Resources" (works only if Human Resources is HUGE). Another good one is "I'm going to research for data for this project". These are great because you clutter the boss with absolutely useless information - tons of it - but non of it is actually trackable. If it request specific data about place or the person, you say you don't remember the name ("I think is Joe... or Jesse?... That tall, short hair.." "Well, you know how it is, they summon you and then someone else comes, so I have no idea who will be there" "I'm not sure about the place, we will see when we get there. I think someone had issues about the location."), and if asked after, either again you forgot or you have so much stuff in your head that you can't recall.
BeantwoordenVerwijderen